Top 10 Best Wedding venues in Connecticut
As last wedding season wrapped up, I sat down and thought about some of my favorite wedding venues in Connecticut – some of which I shot at last year, and some of which I want to shoot at this year. This month and next are considered prime booking season for wedding venues, photographers, and other vendors so I figured I would do a little post on some of my favorite Connecticut wedding venues and why I think that they are great. I have had some clients book me who are still in the process of determining where to have their wedding and have asked me for suggestions. I decided, therefore, to do a blog post on the best wedding venues in CT [in my opinion] to keep it all in one place. Some of these wedding venues are higher end and naturally have a higher price tag, and some of them are more quaint and tend to be on the cheaper side of cost for a place to have your wedding. The reason I chose these places, though, is not for the price tag but instead for different…more “heartfelt”…reasons. So, here is the list of my favorite places to have a wedding in Connecticut.
1. The Country Loft – The Country Loft is a new wedding venue in Connecticut but it is absolutely one of my favorites! With its sweeping 19 acres of land, it is absolutely picturesque and breathtakingly beautiful at any month of the year. Not only it is a gorgeous venue but the owner, Carole, will personally assist you with every detail of your wedding and is amazing to work with. To see Lynn + Will’s Country Loft wedding, click here.
2. Barns at Weslyan Hills – The Barns at Weslyan Hills is a perfect place for your wedding if you are looking to do a Rustic-themed wedding. Featuring a barn with multi-level seating it is really conducive to having a laid back, cozy wedding. To see Mia and Devin’s Barns at Wesleyan wedding, click here.
3. Society Room in Hartford – The Society Room of Hartford is a higher-end classy wedding venue situated right in the heart of Hartford. The architecture both inside and outside the building are stunning which make for a great backdrop for your wedding reception. To see Katie + Matt’s Society Room wedding, click here.
4. Saltwater Farm Vineyard – Saltwater Farm Vineyard is CT’s premiere wedding vineyard. The grounded are immaculately manicured and it has a very personal, intimate feel which will certainly woo your wedding guests. To see Charlayne and Matt’s Saltwater Farm Vineyard wedding, click here.
5. Branford House – Having your wedding at the Branford House is a win-win situation for you and your guests. Having a goth-like feel on the outside, it is certainly a mood-provoking wedding venue. The inside of the Branford House is super classy with a long cherry wood staircase, fireplace, and big windows that overlook a breathtaking view. To see Rachel and Anthony’s Branford House mansion, click here.
6. Priam Vineyards – This vineyard is another option if you are looking to have a wedding with more of a “natural” and down home feel. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. To see Chris + Erika’s Priam Vineyard wedding, click here.
7. Edgerton Park – Edgerton is not only quite affordable for a wedding venue, but it’s also a blank canvas. It is stunningly beautiful and offers a lot of options in terms of making your wedding uniquely YOU. To see Tets and Beky’s Edgerton park wedding, click here.
8. Wadsworth Mansion at Long Hill Estate – Wadsworth Mansion is yet another wedding venue that is super classy and elegant with its tall mansion and beautiful gardens. If you ever dreamed of being a princess for a day, Wadsworth mansion may very well be a great option for your wedding venue. To see Tom and Natalie’s wedding at Wadsworth Mansion, click here.
9. Bond Ballroom – The Ann Howard Bond Ballroom is a perfect place for your wedding if you are looking for a place that is both beautiful and classy. It is a great place for a formal “black tie” wedding and will certainly leave a memorable impression on both you and your guests. To see Lindsey + Brendan’s Bond Ballroom wedding, click here.
10. Eolia Mansion at Harkness Memorial Park – With it’s perfectly manicured lawn and gardens as well as a killer view, Eolia mansion is one of the most popular wedding venues in Connecticut. During cocktail hour your wedding guests can walk around the gardens, take a stroll along the coast, or sit on the sole bench perched under a all-too-perfect willow tree. To see Matt and Meridith’s Eolia mansion, click here.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for our favorite florists, dress shops, cake designers, videographers, and other vendors!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer, we hope you have found a perfect match with us!! we would love to work with you so click on our main site to view our portfolio, or click here to see our most recent weddings!