The 2015 wedding season has long been wrapped up but as we are nearing the start of our (amazing!) 2016 wedding season, we thought it would be fun to run a contest. Last year was our busiest year to date with 30 weddings, and it seemed like every wedding was just as wonderful as the next. We were truly so honored and blessed to work with all of these amazing people! Some of them have since had a baby, are getting ready to have a baby, have moved to a different state, have purchased their first home, or are still just reeling on the high that was their amazing wedding day. To showcase these weddings once more, we decided to run a contest. Here is how it will work. Each client of ours last year has a portrait below with a number by their names. You can vote for your favorite one by commenting on this blog post with their name and number. Not only does that enter them for a prize, but it enters YOU as well! Here are the prizes:
Winning couple gets their choice of a complimentary Anniversary session (travel not included) OR 16×20 canvas (valued at $500) of their favorite wedding portrait.
If this blog post reaches 200+ comments, one commenter will win their choice of a free Anniversary/Engagement session OR a $100 gift card to the store of your choice.
Contest ends Feb 29 at midnight and winners will be announced March 1. Share this post to have your friends vote for you, or if you are a single commenter you can share the post to get the comments up to 200 so that you can be entered for that gift card!
- Erin and Brett’s winter wedding at Redding Country Club. We loved that there was snow on the ground for their wedding, and their black tie feel with Emerald green as an accent color was to die for!
2. Hannah and Jake’s wedding at Lord Thompson Manor ended up being one of our favorites from last year. Hannah went above and beyond with planning all the details, and did it all long distance!
3. Tom and Natalie’s wedding at Wadsworth Mansion. Wadsworth Mansion is one of our absolute favorite wedding venues in CT, and Tom and Natalie quickly became one of our favorite couples that treated us much more like family than their photographers.
4. Sabrina and Sam’s wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan. Sabrina chose theme amazing tones of plum and gold, which suited the Barns perfectly. Their day was stunning, from start to finish!
5. Alex and Kyle’s Mountain Top Inn wedding. There are only a handful of wedding venues in New England that take our breath away, and this is one of them! Despite the clouds and rain, their wedding day was a stunning one!
6. Kristopher and Christina’s wedding at Nørholm Gods (estate) in Denmark. With a red carpet entrance for guests, and every kind of class and elegance, this ended up being one of our favorite weddings of the year!
7. Chelsea and Ray’s VIP Country Club wedding. This wedding was such a fun one, with a strong focus on family and friends, which is something we love seeing at weddings!
8. Katie and Mike’s bright and sunny wedding. Katie and Mike were such a joy to work with and photograph. She is a classic beauty, and he is so kind hearted that shooting their wedding was so much fun for us!
9. Gina and Kurt’s wedding at The Delamar Greenwich Hotel. Gina and Kurt’s wedding was another one of our classy, black tie weddings with impeccable taste and attention to detail.
10. Lindsay and John’s wedding at Haley Mansion at the Inn at Mystic. Easy going with a old-fashioend fun vibe, Lindsay and John’s wedding felt like a really classy backyard picnic with your nearest and dearest. They spent the entire day laughing, smiling, and enjoying the fact that so many of their loved ones came from near and far to be with them on this incredible day.
11. Arianne and Adam’s wedding at Winvian Farm. With every T crossed and every I dotted, I told Arianne that she should go into wedding planning because her wedding was planned so impeccably! So well, in fact, that a little birdie told me it will be going to print this year!
12. Rebecca and Michael’s Madison Beach Hotel wedding. This wedding was probably one of the most FUN weddings we attended all year. I’m not sure they even needed chairs at the reception because everyone was one the dance floor the ENTIRE night!
13. Kevin and Emily’s wedding at Aria. These two play by their own rules and we love that about them! Their wedding was anything but cookie cutter, and their personalities were woven through every aspect of the day.
14. Jennifer and Tommy’s wedding at the Lace Factory. Jenn went above and beyond with planning and crafting every detail of her wedding. With the help of an amazing team of vendors, their wedding turned out to be so incredibly beautiful!
15. Kat and John’s wedding at the Mansion at Bald Hill. This was the first wedding we’ve shot a good portion on film and the images are TO DIE FOR! We loved Kat and John’s look and style, and their wedding was perfect!
16. Carolyn and Yaniv’s wedding at Haley Mansion at the Inn at Mystic. Carolyn and Yaniv were another favorite couple of ours. Between her sweet and caring nature and his witty one liners, we had such a blast being with them on their wedding day!
17. Katie and CJ’s wedding at Stamford Yacht Club. We love shootings weddings at the Stamford Yacht Club, but this one was especially fun. CJ is a tugboat driver, so their nautical wedding theme and waterside venue were perfect for them!
18. Courtney and Drew’s wedding at Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. I’ not sure there’s ever been a couple as NICE as Courtney and Drew. Everything about them made them a joy to work with, and their wedding was no exception.
19. Jessica and Paul’s wedding at Hillstead Museum and The North House. Despite their ceremony plans being changed at the last minute, Jessica and Paul carried on through their wedding day with smiles and joy.
20. Allison and Andrew’s Saint Clements Castle wedding. This wedding was everything that an Autumn wedding should be, with a crisp and cool breeze through the air, deep jewel tones, and a fantastic bridal party, Allison and Andrew’s wedding was one for the books!
21. Melissa and Dillon’s VIP Country Club wedding. Talk about a FUN wedding – Melissa and Dillon’s entire wedding day was one huge party. With an AMAZING group of friends and family, and the cutest ring bearers in the history of weddings, we had such a great time photographing this wedding at VIP Country Club.
22. Jennifer and Kendall’s intimate Autumn wedding. This wedding was all about holding the ones you love most close to you. This was a no-frills, no hassle intimate wedding that was centered around family and friends, and the love between two amazing people…and we loved it!
23. Mia and Devin’s Barns at Wesleyan wedding. I can’t even describe the absolute pleasure it was to photograph Mia and Devin’s wedding. Every part of working with them was a joy and honor. Mia and I exchanged a LOT of emails leading up to her wedding about style, decor, and plans, and it was so much fun to see her vision come to life!
24. Grace and Joe’s wedding at St. Clements Castle. This was yet another perfect Autumn wedding, where the weather was that perfect balance of warm with a cool breeze at night, and the tones were deep. Saint Clements also is a stunning backdrop that we just ADORE photographing at!
25. Rachael + Steve’s wedding at Eolia Mansion. We’ve long loved Eolia. It has everything we love in a wedding venue – classic architecture, tall ceilings, beautiful natural light, and stunning grounds to work around. Rachael and Steve made our jobs easy by being such a joy to work with.
26. James + Stacey’s wedding at The Country Loft. This venue has a special place in my heart, as it is where I got married, but I LOVED what Stacey and James did with it. They stayed true to who they were with their laid back, country style, and planned the perfect classy but FUN backyard wedding. And the leaves were at peak, which made it all the better since they both love Autumn!
27. Kristi and Amar’s wedding at the AquaTurf. These two are probably some of the most fun clients we’ve ever worked with! Never short on humor, we had such a great time working with them. And their first dance was probably the most epic one we’ve ever seen!
28. Sarah and Allen’s wedding at Mountain Grand View Resort. This wedding was another one that had the most stunning backdrop that New England has to offer! The weather was perfect, and everything about their day went off without a hitch. We loved working with these two!
29. Ashley and Chris’ New Haven Lawn Club wedding. This was one of the first Christmas weddings we’ve ever shot ad we just adored how intimate and romantic it was! It was definitely chilly outside, but the warmth felt inside was perfect. Ashley and Chris were such a joy and honor to work with and totally the type of people that feel like family.
30. Kristin and Josh’s New Years Eve wedding at the Bond Ballroom. This Bond Ballroom New Years Eve wedding was nothing but a PARTY from start to finish! Before they booked us, I had never considered the option of getting married on NYE but after shooting this wedding, I could see why they planned it that way! It was so much fun and the absolute perfect party! Ending the night with fireworks over Bushnell park was a great addition to this celebratory evening!