With all this gorgeous, warm weather we’ve been having I’ve been SO in the mood for Spring. I ADORE Spring. it’s the time of year where wedding season starts up again, where love is in the air, the breeze begins to get warm, and new life is popping up everywhere. As Spring has been approaching there are a few things in particular that have been floating around in my mind that I’m looking forward to, and they are..
1. Wedding shopping! Each year I allow myself 3 new outfits for the upcoming wedding season. Two years ago I made the decision to wear the same outfits to every wedding so that a.) I don’t have to destroy my closet the morning of the wedding and, b.) I know how the outfits work and don’t ever have to worry about wardrobe malfunctions or how my Spider belt works with it.
2. Lilac bushes. They are my favorite. The end.
3.Mountain biking! Last year Adam bought me a bike, and I’m so excited to get out and use it now that it’s getting warmer!
4. A garden! This is the first year that I’m actually planting a garden and, although it’s rather small, I’m very excited about it! We have one raised bed and then a few planters and in them I’m trying out spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, zucchini, squash, carrots and beets. If it goes well, you can full expect pictures because I’ll be SUPER proud of them! It’s been a long time dream of mine to grow our own veggies so this is my trial & error year 🙂
5. Although I don’t think this will happen this season, I’m looking forward to eventually having a patio furniture set where we can lounge on cool summer nights and have barbecues with friends. Until that happens, I’m pinning pins on Pinterest (say that 10 times, fast!) and dreaming up what kind of patio set I eventually want.
6. Cherry blossom engagement shoots! I have 3 scheduled to be schedule, in Wooster Park in New Haven. I looooove cherry blossoms and am SO excited about these sessions.
7. Jest by MAC. It’s my Spring/Summer go-to for eye shadow for weddings.
8. Loafers. Adam definitely does not agree with me on this one, but I love that loafers are coming back into style. These ones from J. Crew are making me swoon.
What are some of the things you are looking forward to for Spring?